Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Belated post, due to company in town.

Two weeks ago, I went apple picking at Huffstutter Orchards, near New Franklin, with a friend. We had quite the adventure, tasting every tree to find the best apples possible. I also had to keep my friend safe from two enthusiastic orchard dogs - she's not a fan.

We picked Jonathans, mostly. I'm just not a fan of Golden Delicious apples and the Red Delicious at the farm were just not that great. The Jonathans were spectacular, though.

That night, we made two things: A main course, and dessert. My comments are in red.
Main Course
Chicken Sauteed with Apples
Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tbsp olive oil
1 firm apple, cored, halved cut into 1/2 inch slices
1 cup apple juice
1 large onion, thinly sliced
1 clove minced garlic
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp dijon mustard

Place each chicken breat half between two sheets of wax paper, pound with meat mallet until 3/4 inch thick. I didn't do this, and I never have. I cut the chicken into chunks as it cooks.

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and sautee chicken until golden (13 minutes on either side). Add apple slices, apple juice, onion, garlic, thyme, salt. Cover and simmer 6-8 minutes or until chicken is fork tender. Remove chicken, apple slices and onion to a serving platter; keep warm.

Bring sauce to boil for about 5 minutes or until slightly reduced. Whisk in mustard, pour over chicken and serve. The first time I made this, the day of the apple picking, I didn't bring mustard, so we skipped this part. The second time, I just mixed the mustard in with all the other stuff and it was fine.

Dessert
Apple Crisp

It was all awesome.

1 Comments:

At 7:02 AM, Blogger lewisnelson3789 said...

Click Here Now Mortgage rates as low as 3.95%
$150,000 mortgage for $494/mo. Other loan amounts available. Up to 4 lenders in 24 hours.
Save money Click Here Now

 

Post a Comment

<< Home