Saturday, November 05, 2005

I love all things pumpkin-flavored. Pumpkin spiced lattes, pumpkin beer, pumpkin pie and apparently there is pumpkin ice cream. I have had pumpkin pie ice cream, and it is delightful. I love the midwest's pumpkin-ness. I can't think of anything pumpkin-flavored that I don't like, actually. I'm sure something exists, but I have not yet found it.

I made pumpkin muffins this week, and they're just awesome. It's a Weight Watchers light recipe, but I modified it a bit. All you do is take a box of spice cake mix, add a can of pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling) and bake. Only those are too sticky, so I added an egg and a cup of water, and the muffins came out beautifully. I have been hoarding them to myself all week, but I did allow my fiance to eat some when he came to visit. Aren't I generous?

Happy fall, everyone.

1 Comments:

At 4:14 AM, Blogger DONNA said...

I just came across your blog but yes omg I just came across that recipe of taking a box of spiced cake mix, can of pumpkin and 1/2 cup of water. Mix and bake and they are soooo goood. I've made them twice already in the last week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home